Many wireless printers have an inbuilt Wi-Fi network card that lets them connect with a network which is established already. The AirPort Express is one the leading Apple router devices, which allows you to access Internet required for wireless printing. Eliminating wires and cables help you reduce clutter and the expenses related to the complex network configuration. After setting up the wireless printer, it makes easy for you to share your printer with multiple devices and computers and print your documents from anywhere within the range of the network. To make a proper wireless printer configuration with AirPort Express, follow these steps are retrieved via the Apple router tech support number.
- First of all, make sure that your Apple router is on and has an active Internet connection to make an initial configuration.
- Connect your wireless printer into the electricity outlet and place it within the range of wireless network. Now, it’s necessary to connect your printer directly to the AirPort Express, so connect it using a USB cable to the wireless router. Sometimes, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect your printer to the router.
- Continue with the setup instructions on the configuration screen of your wireless printer. Options might be slightly different for each wireless printer. If the Internet connection has password protection, type the password in the setup procedure. You can jump to this step if your printer is directly connected to the AirPort Express.
Note: – In the case of any doubts, just contact the experts at an Apple router support number and get the necessary support.
For the Windows
- Download the AirPort Express Utility from the Apple’s official site at first, and then install and open it to make proper setup.
- Power on your wireless printer and then choose the ‘Manual Setup’ option, followed by the ‘Printer’ tab on the ‘Summary’ page.
- Select the wireless printer, check box. Click the ‘Update’ option and wait for the Wi-Fi network to restart. Now, you can easily connect your printer in the Print Options when you print documents.
For the Mac
- Click the ‘Apple’ menu, followed by the ‘System Preferences.’
- Choose the ‘Print & Scan’ option, and then click the ‘+’ button, followed by the ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ option.
- Click on the ‘Default’ tab and choose the printer from the available list. Click on the ‘Add’ button and wait for your Mac OS X to download the drivers for your printer and install them as well.
However, if the above steps didn’t work and you’re stuck on setting up your wireless printer with AirPort Express, it’s suggested to consult with IT technicians directly by calling on the Apple router tech support number and get appropriate results.